The following learning objectives have been established for joint-majors in the Global Studies:
- Prepare students for the complex, changing, and globalizing world of the twenty-first century
- Gain linguistic and cultural competencies
- Be encouraged to directly encounter other cultures through study/learning abroad.
- Gain an understanding of a region of the world (usually other than the US) or an issue that involves various regions of the world.
- Access knowledge of a wide variety of global issues and concerns beyond their particular specialty through participation in regular colloquia and events at the College.
- Understand the various methods of research used to study cultural and social differences
- Earn the research skills necessary to conduct a course of study across geographical, ethnic, or ideological boundaries